Data + design thinking rarely go hand-in-hand. But designing reports your users will love involves more than just creating a graph or chart. Designing intuitive, easy-to-use reports that engage users and enable data-driven decision-making requires taking a step back to ensure that your visualizations are addressing real user needs.
In our June webinar, Maggie Goulder and Jason Dolan from Schoolzilla shared how applying user-centered design methods can improve the usability of your reports and enable data-driven decision-making, with a focus on:
- Identifying key questions that will help you discover user needs and insights.
- Leveraging design thinking and ideation techniques to generate new ideas for building data dashboards and reports.
- Learning how to rapidly prototype your ideas to discover which ones best address user needs.
If you weren’t able to join us, or would like to share the webinar with a colleague, please click below to watch the full webinar recording!
Additional resources about designing reports your users will love can be found here on Schoolzilla’s Data Champion Hub:
- Designing Reports Your Users Will Love (from Schoolzilla’s Data Champion Summit)
- Tableau Webinar: Ideation for Visualization, a Design Thinking Approach to Report-Building
- User-Centered Report Design
- Reports on Data Usage of SZ reports
(You must be logged in to view the above attachments. If you don’t have an account, please click here to register.)