Travel + Parking
How do I get to the DoubleTree Berkeley Marina?
- You can find instructions on how to get to DoubleTree from the SFO, OAK, and SJC airports here.
Help! What happens if I get lost on the way to Summit?
- Contact the DoubleTree front desk 1-510-548-7920, and they will be able to guide you to the hotel.
Where can I park?
- DoubleTree provides self-parking and valet parking. There is also an empty parking lot across from the hotel. However, this parking lot is not monitored so please be aware of risks when parking there.
What time is check-in and check-out at the Doubletree- Berkeley Marina for hotel guests staying there?
- Check-in is at 4 PM, and check-out is at noon.
I need to book a hotel room at the DoubleTree Hotel. What should I do?
- Unfortunately, our room block with the DoubleTree Hotel has been filled. You may call to see if there is space for you to book a room outside the room block. (Our guaranteed group rate will not apply to these rooms.)
I need to change my hotel room reservation at the DoubleTree Hotel. What should I do?
- Contact DoubleTree at (510) 548-7920, and they can assist you in editing your reservation. Mention you’re coming for Schoolzilla’s Data Champion Summit!
I need proof of the cost of my stay at the DoubleTree Hotel for reimbursements. What should I do?
- Contact DoubleTree at (510) 548-7920, and they can provide you with a confirmation.
My organization is paying for my lodging, but I can’t bring the corporate card with me. How do I put down a corporate card ahead of time?
- Please complete this DoubleTree Credit Card Authorization Form, and email it to Rain Sherman (Rain.Sherman@hilton.com)
- Mark “Standard Guestrooms”
- Write a note that you are part of the Schoolzilla group
- Mark “All charges incurred during the event”
- If you write a note on the bottom that you’d like this card to be charged now to pre-pay for the room, the hotel will take care of it before Summit
- If you mark “Standard Guestrooms,” then you will need to present a personal credit card at registration in case of incidentals
Packing My Bag
What is the attire for Data Champion Summit?
- Business casual is recommended for the sessions and social events, but come as you are … the fashion police will not be on patrol at Summit.
What is the weather like in Berkeley, California?
What should I bring with me?
- We highly recommend you bring a laptop, charger, business cards, clothes for 2-3 days (depending on how long you stay), and pure enthusiasm 🙂
Meals + Food Restrictions
Which meals are provided with my Data Champion Summit ticket?
We are providing the following meals:
-Tues: Appetizers/Drinks for evening welcome event (7:00 – 9:00 pm)
-Wed: Breakfast + Lunch + Appetizers/Drinks at the Data Block Party (7:15 – 10:30 pm)
-Thurs: Breakfast + Lunch
Dinners are on your own. At registration check-in, we’ll share a list of delicious restaurant suggestions nearby!
- We want to ensure everyone has a great time! If you have food restrictions, please email Linda@schoolzilla.com as soon as possible.
Have Other Questions?