St. Louis Public Schools (SLPS) was working hard to regain their full accreditation, after showing enough progress to regain provisional accreditation the previous year. But, despite SLPS’ strong data culture, district leaders recognized that their data tools were insufficient to provide “the right data on the right timeline,” leading them to issue an RFP for a new data tool.
2014–2015 — Solution:
After considering seven vendors, the district selected Schoolzilla to build and power an integrated set of leading indicator and key outcome dashboards to enable district leaders to automatically monitor progress against the multiple measures within their district’s transformation plan.
2015–2016 — Result:
SLPS launched their new Schoolzilla dashboard system to their network of superintendents and pilot group of school leaders and teachers.
Looking forward to next year, SLPS remains relentlessly focused on using data to drive continuous improvement and is on track to achieve full accreditation by 2017.
2016-2017 — UPDATE:
SLPS regained full accreditation on January 10, 2017!
Read the full case study, Using Data to Drive St. Louis Public Schools’ Transformation Plan, and learn more about how SLPS developed its Excellent Schools Transformation Tool (ESTT) dashboards to keep track of the district’s key performance indicators (KPIs) at the district, school, and student levels.
See below for a tour of St. Louis Public Schools’ ESTT Dashboards:
Dashboard designed for superintendents and their leadership team.
- Visualizes leading indicators to monitor progress toward SLPS’ goals outlined in their Transformation Plan.
- Compares performance across schools, grade levels, and student subgroups to understand trends over time and invest in efforts that will drive the highest priority outcomes.
Dashboard designed for school leaders and principals.
- Provides school leaders with actionable data from multiple sources all in one place.
- Equips leaders with the data they need to implement timely intervention and deploy resources strategically to address areas of need.
Dashboard designed for teachers.
- Enables teachers to quickly understand the attendance, academic, and climate/culture trends of SLPS students.
- Allows educators to strategically differentiate instruction and utilize appropriate interventions.